Let’s open our eyes to the importance of hygienic drinking water
Did you know that more than 656,097 deaths are caused by water-related diseases this year? Even though the most cases are underreported by many professionals, the most dangerous water-related infection is Legionnaires’ Disease. The disease is caused by growing of severe bacteria Legionella in contaminated water with 10-15 % fatality rate from infected patients.
Find out more about Legionnaire’s Disease:
Watch out: 3 simple rules for prevention of Legionella bacteria
- Water must flow!- To avoid biofilm formation, potable water supply installations should be planned as small as possible
- Keep the right temperature!- Cold water should be < 25C and warm water should be > 55C
- Do not store hot water!- Potable water supply installations should be planned to ensure sufficient water exchange every 72 hours
Only the best quality products can guarantee you the highest hygiene standards.
Take care: with the Uponor Hygiene Logic
- Uponor loop installation and automatic flushing units ensures water constantly flows with no stagnation.
- Uponor pipe technology and design methods keeps the water temperature below 25 °C and avoids overheating
- Uponor heat interface units deliver water on demand.
The expert opinion: save money and reduce the risk of water contamination by selecting the Uponor Hygiene Logic
According to Arnd Bürschgens, the risk of water contamination (e.g. legionella) and calcification is very low with the Uponor Hygiene Logic system because it avoids hot water storage, ensures frequent water exchange, and it automatically flushes the system when not in use. This creates the added benefit of preventing unexpected costs for legionella treatment.
The expert also determined that the Uponor system is quicker and easier to install while requiring less space and offers significant energy savings when compared to a traditional installation. Overall, compared to a traditional installation, a Life Cycle cost analysis has shown savings of up to 7% after only six years.