Lightweight design with low height
Uponor Siccus underfloor heating has been developed for use with suspended timber floors. The system is suitable for new constructions as well as for modernising old buildings and results in a minimal construction height of 55 mm. It is quick and clean to fit, and can be walked on immediately after installation. All conventional floor coverings such as tiles, parquet, carpet and plastics with a maximum thermal resistance of Rλ,B = 0.15 m2K/W, are suitable.
Uponor Siccus comprises just four components; mounting sheet, heat conducting plate, heating pipe and PE foil. It is light in weight: only 25 kg/m2 including the floor load distribution sheet. This is a real engineering bonus, especially for wooden joist constructions. The low-mass floor construction allows fast response temperature controls. The integral pipe guide channels in the Uponor Siccus mounting sheet hold the heat conducting plates and heating pipes. The mounting sheet is flexible to use, easy to cut and pre-fitted with channels in the ”header area” for Uponor PE-Xa and MLC pipes.
Uponor Siccus in a nutshell
- Quick to install; the floor can be walked on immediately
- Low static weight and inertness
- Suitable for composite pipe or PEX pipe dim. 16mm
- Fast response temperature control
- Can be laid directly on to an existing floor
- Boards can be routed with ease so as to accommodate additional pipe grooves and channels
- Finished floor coverings can be laid
directly on top
- Low profile height