From the delivery of high rise buildings to legionella prevention, we tackle the main topics in construction!
Over the last 2 years, Uponor have built up a catalogue of material/research to assist contractors and consultants during the planning stage of a commercial property i.e. school, high rise buildings, student accommodation ore retail spaces. Some of the key facts from this research include:
- 75% of our M&E database (250 respondents) agreed that the M&E sector will come under significant pressure to deliver amidst the rapid rise in the number of high rise buildings
- There were over 814 legionella related illnesses in 2018, which signifies the importance of preventative action in the plumbing sector i.e. loop installation, correct pipework sizing
- According to The European Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association (TEPPFA), when considering manufacturing, transportation and disposal burdens, PEX pipe is deemed to be more sustainable than copper pipe
- Expensive X-ray technology is the only way to ensure a metal press system has been correctly installed. Alternative solutions mentioned below eliminate the need for this
- Choosing the right heating and cooling solution can improve comfort in the workplace
- Selecting the right pipework in a hotel should not be underestimated when considering the comfort levels of guests
You can read more about our research below and delve further into these topics.